Portugal travels - May 20 to June 5, 2026

I am excited for my travel to Portugal. After walking last year’s Camino Portuguese, that started on the Atlantic coast in Baiona, Spain, just north of the Portuguese border, I am primed for a Portuguese experience. I travelled in Portugal with my family in 2001. The people I met were welcoming and interesting. I vowed to return. It only took 25 years!

My adventure starts and ends in Lisbon. I will visit Nazare, on the coast to witness its famous, enormous Atlantic surfing waves and grilled octopus. I look forward to catching up with a friend from San Francisco who is living in Portugal. In Coimbra I will visit the famous university library and campus grounds. In the Douro Valley, scenic vineyards will delight and vino sampling will test my palate. Instead of drinking Port, in Porto, I plan to learn more about the city history, economics, and culture. 

The map below highlights the main cities where I will stay.  




Popular posts from this blog

Camino Portuguese, segment from Baiona to Santiago de Compostela, Spain, and travels around Madrid - June 18 to July 3, 2025